Photobucket

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Working with Steve on projects








Steveʻs arrival was awaited with eager anticipation. What would be the next project? As Steve came in the door he spied our poor old noticeboard. That started his mind ticking. What if he made a new frame for it and the children drew and added things that were really important to them ... a bit like a kowhaiwhai for Botany Downs Kindergarten. A BDK family history. Steve talked about creating symbols. Now thatʻs a hard concept. Steve showed how he could draw around Emilyʻs hand, cut the shape out with the jigsaw and create ʻSteveʻs Crestʻ. The designs would need to be not too big and not to small. The children busied themselves with creating their designs. Then it was time to cut them out. I wonder what our new frame will look like ....

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes I do things that are difficult, some even say too difficult. When I ask what symbol is going to represent you or your family who knows what is going to come of it. It was for me a real privilege to share the joy of connection that one young lady had with her family. She described each person in her drawing and explained the importance of the bubble that kept them all together. Another young lady expressed herself in the pure joy of flowers and the sun. I also got to find out that two boys share a heritage in our surname. How cool is that!
    I acknowledge your willingness to share yourselves Botany Downs. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like elephants, and my family. I like my cat too. But I don't know how to draw elephants, Steve....

    ReplyDelete
  3. well madison when i dont know how to do something i ask someone and if that doesn't work, i look in books, and if that doent help i search the internet. get someone to help you go to http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-draw-an-elephant.htm

    it looks like fun...try it and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben said, "I have drawn a bat and ball because I like to play bat and ball with my family"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joel said,"I did a gun because thatʻs all I draw .... army guns. i want to do a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mia originally drew a very complex picture of her family. After discussion Mia could see how difficult it would be to cut out all those intricate piece. We talked about what her family like to do together. Mia said that they like to play with their dog Holly. So, Mia has drawn a picture of Holly as a symbol of her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayden thought hard about his family symbol. He said that his family like to draw pictures together. Last week Jayden and his Mum drew a picture of Franklin, our turtle. He said that he really likes Franklin and often draws pictures off him. So he has drawn a picture of Franklin as a symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex drew a house because she loves her house. She likes at play at her house. She likes to play with her brother David and her Mum and Dad. Itʻs a white house with a green roof.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chase said, "My family play together." "They always play together." " We play with the bat and the ball." So, Chase made a bat and a ball for his family symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is going to be THE most precious picture frame ever, full of love

    ReplyDelete