Photobucket

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bringing our wood project to life


Hi, my name is Katie. I am made of wood ... tree wood. I live at Botany Downs Kindergarten. I havenʻt got any hair or arms yet and I havenʻt got a mouth so I canʻt talk. I just go mm, mm mm, mm. Perhaps you could draw or cut my mouth. I havenʻt got any holes in my nose as well. I think I need a belly button too. Someone needs to cut some of my leg off because my legs are different sizes. I always fall over when I stand up. I need feet and hands or I wonʻt be able to pick up things. Jessica thinks I should live in the garden but Mia thought it would be too cold and that I should live in the playhouse. The children could take me to play in the sandpit. Oh no, Iʻve got no clothes! Perhaps the children could make me some clothes. Mia thinks paper clothes would be good. jessica wondered about tissue clothes. Jessica wondered if I would like to borrow some of her clothes. I am looking forward to my adventures at kindergarten.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with solving all your problems Katie, I'm sure you will have lots of willing helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, looks like you have some great friends at kindy to look after you. I hope Mia and Jessica manage to find you some clothes to keep you warm in this weather.

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katie.

    Please don’t worry we will soon have yours hair, legs and arms sorted. Hang on in there I know the BDK children will look after you very well. How do you feel about a grass skirt or one made from flax, they are quite the fashion these days, so I am told? You might like to take a look at the big tree in the middle of playground; it’s perfect for sitting under in those hot summer days. You could bring your family and don’t forget your favourite animals and pets, just get the children to look deep into the wood and ask them to find all your friends.

    I look forward to chatting with you next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete